- Egg-free, use pureed fruit or vegetable (prunes, pears, carrots)
- SCD-compliant, use nut flour instead of bread
- Rice-free, use nut flour or non-rice flour (such as potato flour, sorghum flour, etc.)
1 1/2 pounds of ground meat (any: beef, turkey, buffalo, lamb, chicken)
1 egg (or egg yolk, egg white, or egg substitute
2 tsp salt
2 slices of GF bread (soaked in water, ring out excess water, and mix into
For those highly adventurous, looking for the optimum nutrition, you
can mix in 2-3 oz of ground ORGANIC organ meat (such as liver, heart,
kidney, or whatever you like)
Organ meat is very rich in
nutrients such as iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, etc.
Mix all ingredients and form into balls.
Bake on cookie sheet (lightly oiled).
Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, flip half way through.
Place on unbleached paper towel to drain.
- Feingold Diet/Low Phenol
- GFCF (Gluten-free/casein-free)
- or cane sugar-free
- SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet)
Healthful Living creation by Julie Matthews