- 1 pound beef liver
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, tallow, or other fat
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cup flour, (any will do: spelt, rice, arrowroot)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse liver slices under cold water, cut liver into strips, and place in a medium bowl. Cover with milk in bowl. Soak from
30 minutes to overnight - whatever you can.
- Melt 2
tablespoons of butter or other fat in a large skillet over medium heat. Separate
onion rings, and saute them in butter until soft. Remove onions, and
melt remaining butter in the skillet. Season the flour with salt and
pepper, and put it in a shallow dish or on a plate. Drain milk from
liver, and coat slices in the flour mixture.
- When the fat is hot, place the
coated liver slices in the pan. Cook until nice and brown on the
bottom - about 30 seconds. Turn, and cook on the other side until browned. Add onions, and
reduce heat to medium. Cook a bit longer to taste.
Serve with raw sauerkraut.
- GFCF (Gluten-free/casein-free)
- Traditional Diets/Weston A. Price